Gandhi once said: “Your beliefs become your thoughts, your thoughts become your words, your words become your actions, your actions become your habits, your habits become your values, your values become your destiny.” And he wasn’t wrong; our every thought does have the power to influence our entire lifestyle.
If you’re an overthinking woman like myself, your thoughts can be detrimental to your personal development, hindering you from becoming the best version of yourself. I know you probably feel that you don’t have control over your mind because that’s how I felt for the longest time. Yet, the matter of the fact is, you do have the power to control your mind’s inner dialogue.
How so? One word: self–affirmations. Self-affirmations are sentences targeted at affecting your conscious and subconscious mind in positive ways to influence your behavior, thinking patterns, and habits.
Because I know that you might bounce off this article this very minute, let me first tell you whether affirmations work, and how they do. Then, I’ll showcase some of my very favorite positive affirmations for women that I’ve tried myself at different stages of my life. Read on!
Do Affirmations Work?
You probably think that this is just some wishful, unrealistic thinking. I thought so too before trying affirmations myself. But believe me, they do work!
You can use affirmations in almost any scenario where you’d like to see a positive change. For instance, you could want to improve your self-esteem and self-confidence levels, overcome a specific bad habit, control negative feelings and thoughts, overcome self-sabotaging, and more.
When you use and repeat affirmations regularly, preferably daily, you actually start believing in them and make positive changes.
In a way, daily affirmations reprogram your thinking patterns and exercise your mind. Therefore, the key to make an affirmation work is to keep reciting it, especially as soon as you start encountering the negative thought or experience you want to overcome.
Just a tip: Before you start your affirmations, be clear with yourself about what you're working on changing and what exactly you want out of the affirmations.
From one woman to another, below is a set of common yet diverse daily affirmations for women, including affirmations for black women, affirmations for single women, self-affirmations for women, and affirmations for positivity for women. To the power of positive thoughts!
Affirmations for Single Women
Lady, if you think you’re incomplete just because you don’t have a partner, think again! You’re fully whole on your own, literally. Being single will only feel horrible if you look at your life in such a pessimistic perspective. Shift your perception, take away the ‘being single sucks’ attitude, and be happy with the support of these positive affirmations. You go, girl!
- A relationship will never, ever define me.
- It’s not their job to like me; it’s mine.
- I’m 100% responsible for my own happiness.
- Every day, I will practice the art of self-love.
- I’m worthwhile and deserving of real love.
- My life is already fulfilling, and I hold the keys to my own happiness.
- My single status is a blessing, not a burden.
- I’m enough. If I can’t be myself, then I can’t be with them.
- I enjoy having time to do whatever I want.
- There are so many opportunities for love in the future.
- Starting today, I’m letting go of anyone or anything that’s no longer serving me and my best interests.
- I forgive myself for accepting less than I deserved in the past.
- True love is out there for me; I just need to be patient and accept that my timeline is different than those around me.
- I deserve to be happy in my life, no matter who is in it.
- I’m capable of living each day to its fullest without someone else in it.
- Being single doesn’t make me better or worse than anyone else.
Self-Esteem Affirmations for Women
It's quite easy to get weighed down and lose sight of the bigger picture sometimes. However, it's tough to restore our self-confidence and positive energy back. Self-affirmation sure does take practice, so take yourself one step closer to love the woman you are inside. Live by these boosters and watch how you'll feel empowered with daily positive thoughts flowing through you.
- I’m in control of my life.
- I’m creating a beautiful life.
- I believe in myself.
- I value and honor my boundaries.
- Believing in myself comes naturally to me.
- I’m worthy of love and attention.
- I’m respected by the people around me.
- I value my worth.
- I will continue to learn and grow.
- I believe in my skills and abilities.
- I will stand by my decisions. They are sound and reasoned.
- I’m doing my best, and it is enough.
- It isn’t selfish to be kind to myself.
- I am my best source of motivation.
- I’m becoming a better version of myself one day at a time.
Positive Affirmations for Women
Positive affirmations for women are among the unique ones. Why so? Because positive affirmations can change your thought process, forever. Once your thoughts are positive ones, there’s no going back. Your life just propels from there, day after day. It’s worth the work, but if you want to take it slow, choose one positive affirmation to work with and watch the magic.
- I embrace myself and all women in the world.
- I attract energies and situations that fill me with joy every day.
- I’m grateful for this wonderful day and the endless possibilities it has to offer. I know something great is in store for me.
- I’m patient with myself and accept that positive change takes time. My best self is emerging every day.
- Rather than being discouraged by how far I have left to go, I’m grateful for how far I've already come.
- I’m ready to create more success in my life and release any excuses. I’m productive and focused on attaining results.
- I don’t have to wait until I feel ready to act on my goals. The timing will never be right; I’m ready now.
- I believe that life brings me only the best, and I rejoice in what is and what is coming.
- I recognize my role in attracting everything that comes my way.
- My journey of self-love means giving my mind some time to rest.
- My peace is mine; I won’t give anyone the power to take it away from me.
- I act with confidence and have a plan, and I accept that plans are open to change.
- I practice self-care and recognize when I need to take a break. I feel good about taking care of myself.
- I move at the perfect pace. I don’t need to speed up or slow down.
- I refuse to overcommit myself. I’m able to say no when I need to. I protect my time because I deserve it, and it’s invaluable.
Affirmations for Black Women
In these troubling and difficult times we live in, we stand in full solidarity with our African American sisters. Remember to love yourself and don’t lose perspective. Even one daily affirmation can go a long way, and these are some of the most positive affirmations for black women that I whole-heartedly believe in. I know that sometimes you believe you don’t have it in you to achieve your purposes, but in fact, all you need is this push below. You can, and you will!
- I have the power to create change.
- I will not let society dictate who I’m.
- I feel comfortable in my own skin.
- “I know it can get tough out there. It can get downright ugly. Know you are designed for greatness. Black girl, you rock, because you have so much potential. I’m so grateful to be a black woman. I would be so jealous if I was anything else.”- Danai Gurira
- I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.
- I possess the qualities needed to be extremely successful.
- “The things that make me different are the things that make me ME.”- A.A. Milne
- I can. I will. End of story!
- I now choose to release all hurt and resentment.
- I’m superior to negative thoughts and low actions.
- Mistakes are not the end of me. Challenges are not the end of me.
- My hair is the perfect halo for my head.
- “The black woman is art; a perfect expression of pain, struggle, strength, and beauty.” – Dr. X
- The comeback is always stronger than the setback.
This is just a glimpse of the many ways you can use affirmations for women in your day-to-day life, and I truly hope that by just going through every affirmation, you felt some sort of motivation and positive affirmation that your life is nowhere as bad as it feels like.
As I said, use these affirmations to reinforce positive thoughts in your mind and make them your new norm. And if you need to, take it one positive affirmation at a time; it also helps to keep an affirmation journal where you can record your reciting every day to maintain progress. Have a look at some of our other blogs like this one “How to Overcome Self-Doubt and Increase Your Confidence“which can also help in finding your confidence. I really love this video from Oprah as well which explains why it's so important for us to value ourselves and what we do. When You UNDERVALUE What You DO, the WORLD Will UNDERVALUE Who You Are
Every single day is worth living; so, unleash the life of your dreams by bombarding your subconscious with confidence and certainty to replace the extra baggage of negative thoughts and beliefs. You’ll thank yourself later.